Child Find

Do You Know A Child With Special Needs?

The Union City School System is conducting a "Child Find" for children, 
ages 3-21, who have special educational needs.  Child Find is required by
the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 1997 and the state of 
 Tennessee.  Children who have, or are suspected of having special needs,
 may be eligible to receive free services.  The services will include an
 evaluation of the child's suspected needs and special services based on
 the identified needs.

If you know of a child who may need special services call the Special
Education Department at 885-1632, or contact the principal of a school
in your area.  Anyone can refer a child.